With Brexit approaching rapidly on 1st Jan 2021 plus the COVID crises, I've made a few changes to delivery to reflect the current situation.
UK - all orders will be sent by 1st Class post only. Orders over £10 qualify for free shipping. Orders under £10 are £1.95 for 1st Class shipping.
Non UK - Yes! I am still shipping to out orders to Europe, USA, Canada, Japan, Australia, New Zealand etc. All orders will now be sent via International tracked Airmail service rather than standard Airmail due to the need to find out where orders are held up! As Airmail postage is currently switched off on the website, please choose International Tracked.
EU VAT & Customs Duties
- Customs clearance charges and fees may be payable on items/goods entering the destination country including the EU from the UK. These depend on the contents’ value. The parcel won’t be released until payment has been received.
- Items sent to the EU from England, Scotland and Wales are subject VAT and duties in the EU. The value of goods thresholds are detailed below
- Items valued at under €22 will remain part of the Low Value Consignment Relief (LVCR) Scheme for items sent to the EU and are not subject to VAT or duties until 1 July 2021 (subject to further extension date to be set by the EU).
- Commercial items/goods (excluding personal correspondence) sent to the EU over €22 and below €150 may be taxed at the border and may incur a customs clearance/handling fee in the receiving country.
- Commercial items/goods sent to the EU over €150 may attract VAT, customs duties and a clearance/handling fee
- The customs authorities in the destination country and the customs thresholds in place determine if charges are due on imported goods.
- The levels and thresholds of charges vary from country to country. Atomic Knitting cannot advise on what these may be. Please contact the embassy or customs authority of the destination country for help, either directly or via their websites.
- In all cases customs duties, VAT and other duties are all the responsibility of the customer. Atomic Knitting cannot take responsibility for these charges.
Hoping for a brighter 2021!